Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Pin 27

Original Pin:

http://steaknpotatoeskindagurl.blogspot.com/2011/10/best-soup-of-all-time.html

I made this for dinner Friday night. They didn't have kale at the farmer's market this week so I just replaced it with some fresh spinach I had in the refrigerator. Also, I used half and half instead of full cream. It was delicious. Luke took a little convincing to try it because of the spinach, but once he picked the three leaves out of his bowl he slurped the whole thing up.

Sausage and bacon are two of my husband's favorite food groups. Throw in a couple of potatoes and the guy is in heaven.

In fact, my family gobbled this up so fast, I didn't get a chance to take a picture--but trust me, it looked, smelled, and tasted wonderful.

Total time: 45 minutes

Total cost: $8.50 for meat, potatoes, and other ingredients not already in stock

Final verdict: My husband will be requesting this on a weekly basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment