Friday, February 17, 2012

Pin 8

Something for our bellies today!

Original pin:



link: http://moneysavingmom.com/2011/06/freezer-cooking-in-an-hour-corn-dog-muffins-chicken-stuffing-casserole-oatmeal-raisin-muffins-italian-pasta-bake.html

My experience:
I mixed up a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix--a staple in my pantry. Sliced up some hot dogs and dropped them in. 15 minutes later they were done and we were sitting down with some homemade corn dogs and my favorite from scratch macaroni and cheese. I know that the hot dogs are still a pretty processed food, but I feel better about serving my kids corny dogs that weren't fried. We can't be perfect all the time. And, picky-eater-Will absolutely loves corny dogs. These were gone in a jiffy. The boys each had two and I sent the leftovers in their lunchbox to school the next day. I told Luke they were corny dog cupcakes with ketchup frosting. Gene and I thought they were delicious too. I put really thin pats of butter in the bottom of the muffin tin and melted it in the oven before I put the the corn muffin mix in just to give it a little crispy-ness to the edges. Very delicious.


It actually made more than 8 but we were too busy gobbling them up to take a picture!


Total cost: $2.99

Total time: 20 minutes including baking time

Final verdict: Delicious. Definitely will make again.

No comments:

Post a Comment