Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pin 13

Original pin:


I bought a men's XL shirt at Goodwill for this project. I always wash these items before starting on them, so I just tossed it in the laundry hamper the day I bought it. Over the weekend, Gene did the laundry and when he pulled this out he just started laughing because he didn't really know what it was for. Then he got jealous of it and wanted to keep it for himself. I had to wrench it away from him because the $2.99 came out of MY special cash stash. If he wants a Fubu shirt he can go to Goodwill himself.

Before:


 I've never done shirring before, but after reading the directions on the original pin, it seemed easy enough. I am drawn towards shirred-style clothing so I was excited to try it out and see if it was really easy or one of those things that just sounded good on paper.

Final product:
 Okay, so shirring was super easy. I made this entire skirt in less time than it took me to watch one episode of American Idol--Hollywood Week while playing catch-up on the DVR.

Today was red, white, and blue day in Luke's class and the parents were invited to the last 15 min of class today to see their presentation. I worked last night so I was sleeping all day. When I woke up and checked the weather I was so, so, so happy to see that it was a perfect 77 degrees. I hopped up and tossed on my new red, gray, and blue skirt with a white T and I was off to celebrate my patriotism in style.

It was super comfortable, but a little big/loose and I was nervous one swift tug from a toddler might bring it down. Next time I will go for a smaller shirt. The length was more than enough thanks to my shorty-short legs.
Total cost: $3.78

Total time: 45 minutes

Final verdict: You may see me in this a lot over the hot, hot Texas summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment