Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pin 1

A super cute, different, ponytail. I like to wear my hair back at work, but the usual ponytail gets boring.

My experience: This was not as easy as the picture made it look.  I fussed with it for about 15 minutes before I started running out of time. It was 5:30 in the morning and I needed to leave for work. I couldn't get it to even a state that I felt would be suitable for wearing in public--no less to work. I gave up. In my hairstyle searching I learned recently that the "messy" braid is in. I opted for that as it was much quicker, and in my rush was really very easy to make it look messy.  Alas, I suppose it was too messy as the back fell out in the car on the way.



Wow! I look like I have linebacker shoulders in this picture. Note to self: don't take pictures at 5am.

When I got to my desk at work I fussed with it all some more. I have the world's slowest computer parked in next to a giant window. With the sun still yet to rise, the window makes for a great mirror in the wee hours of the morning. I fussed with it and realized that the problem was not that my hair was too short, but rather that it is too thick. My hair is fine in texture, but there is a ton of it. I realized I could make the knot with a smaller half section, but without the aid of my full bathroom mirror and hair utensils at hand I was not brave enough to try to pull it off all day. 

Total time: 20 minutes

Total cost: $0

Final verdict: I may try this again when I have some free time to play. It will not be at 5 am, mind you.

No comments:

Post a Comment