Friday, February 10, 2012

Pin 3

Pin 3 was something for our tummies! I pinned this recipe for homemade fruit snacks a while back but had not really read the whole link about it.

My experience:  Basically, the author of this recipe was having an experiment trying to create a recipe for fruit snacks, and while she didn't achieve it, she did create a tasty dessert in the process. I had results similar to hers, which I guess means I followed the directions well, and did not end up with the gummy-style fruit snacks that the boys love but did end up with a tasty and healthy treat.

I started with some fresh strawberries from our farmer's market and the rest of the ingredients I already had on hand. With the addition of gelatin to the fruit puree I ended up with something very reminiscent of those fruit-jello desserts you find at church potlucks, but with out the chunky fruit pieces.


We all had some for an after dinner dessert. Luke loved it and had at least three servings.


Total time: 15 minutes + 3 hours to chill

Total cost: $2 in strawberries

Final verdict: I probably won't make it again but we will keep searching for that homemade fruit snack recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment