Monday, July 9, 2012

Pin 99

Original pin:
Pinned Image
http://realmomkitchen.com/287/ranch-house-crock-pot-pork-chops-with-parmesan-mashed-potatoes/

Ranch house pork chops made in the slow cooker with garlic Parmesan mashed potatoes. Perfect bait to lure my husband home on time.

I made these in the slow cooker today. They are supposed to cook 4-6 hours, but I was gone most all of the day so mine actually cooked a little longer. I think because of this extra cooking, I didn't have much gravy. That didn't matter because the meat was so moist and flavorful it didn't need it. I might double the soup & seasonings next time though because I have some gravy-loving boys around here. When my husband tasted it his exact words were, "Ummm. What did you do to that pork chop to make it taste so good?" Well, don't my pork chops ALWAYS taste good???

As for the mashed potatoes, they were delicious as well. I actually completely forgot to add the Parmesan at the end but they were still good. I have never roasted garlic in the oven before and I didn't know what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised at how easy it was to peel and smash the garlic after it was roasted. The recipe made a ton of potatoes! I have a giant leftover tub of them now!

Oops! Almost forgot to take a picture! So good I took a few bites before I remembered.


This dude gave it a thumbs up. The other dude couldn't rate it. Three or four nights a week he simply chooses to not eat dinner--tonight was one of those nights. He took one look at it, declared himself cranky and left the table.

Total cost:  $8-ish

Total time: 5 minutes to prepare the slow cooker this morning, one hour to roast the garlic and make the potatoes.

Final verdict: Excellent flavor and tenderness. We want more gravy. Next time I will double the gravy AND make sure I don't cook it too long. I am also really excited about roasting more garlic. It was so simple and I just love the flavor. Off to find some recipes calling for roasted garlic. . .

1 comment:

  1. We make this all the time. I use two cans of the cream soup and two packs of the ranch b/c we LOVE the gracy on our potatoes!

    ReplyDelete