Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Pin 100

Wow! I'm in the triple digits now! I can't believe how far I've come in this time. When I started this I was just looking for a creative outlet to give me something more productive to do than piddling around on the smart phone. I have completely dropped all my games--Words with Friends, Draw Something, and DEFINITELY Tiny Town! Now I've become a better mom, a happier person, upcycled like crazy, learned to crochet, been inspired (or pinspired!), planned parties, splashed around, sewed half a summer's wardrobe of clothing, baked bread, made cheese, saved money, fought off boredom, lost weight, gave gifts, decorated my living room, inspired you, had flops, made my kids smile, saved the planet, impressed my friends, and so much more! I can't imagine what else is to come. This has been truly awesome.

I am so flattered by all the compliments I've received here and on Pinterest from my followers. You will never know how much they mean to me. You keep me going. Since I went public with this blog in February I have had almost 500,000 visitors! That is amazing and wonderful. In honor of my 100th post, I present to you . . . . (drum roll please. . .)

Original pin:
Pinned Image
http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/2012/01/revamping-your-blog-making-cute-blogger.html

A little tutorial to gussie up the place a little. You may have already noticed this little upgrade. Do you like it?? I am not computer whiz. I know not a thing about creating websites and such. This was a good tutorial. It used basic enough language for me. It does talk about a website for the header creating that is no longer active, but, lucky me--this is now owned by google. Google is hosting my blog here so I magically already had this service!! Yippie! Her tutorial instructions were spot on. And she recommends a few sites for free digital scrapbook paper and such. Pinspiration is no fancy website, but I am kinda proud of myself because it's not a ready made template. It was easy enough and I thing it is a great start. What do you think?? Are any of you pros who want to share some secret tips & tricks to make it even awesomer? Do you have a favorite tutorial you want to share with me?

No pictures here--just look up and down and all around.

Total cost: $0

Total time: 2 1/2 hours. I told you I wasn't good at this computer programming stuff.

Final verdict: I'm pretty happy with it. I will probably continue to play with it and see what else I can come up with. Most of all, I am proud that I have stuck with my project for nearly six months now. I can look back and feel productive. Thank you to all my followers and supporters! Thanks to this blog I have over 600 followers on Pinterest now! WOW! Check back soon--I plan on posting my top 10 pins next!

No comments:

Post a Comment