Sunday, August 5, 2012

Pin 113

Original pin:
Pinned Image
http://www.skiptomylou.org/2011/02/15/10-beautiful-ways-to-crochet-a-flower/

10 ways to crochet flowers.

If you've been following me for a while, you know that I only recently took up the hobby of crochet. I haven't yet made any flowers, though I've seen them all over Pinterest.

I finally had an occasion to make some flowers so I went to this tutorial to learn how. I chose three different ones to learn, but what I've found is that they all use pretty much the same basic technique. I learned these during nap time one afternoon. They were so easy, and impressive. I just had to whip up one of my yarn letters from Pin 43 to stick them on.


This is for soon-to-arrive sweet Baby PJ. One of my dearest friends is having her first baby in just weeks, and although no one really knows the gender yet, I wanted to make sure she had a little pink on hand, just in case. They are just safety pinned on. I am going to have to learn how to crochet a boy-ish accent in the next few weeks if I need to replace the pink with blue! I'm thinking stars? Yellow and blue stars?

Total cost: I only had to buy supplies to make the P. The flowers use so little yarn, I was able to use leftover pink & yellow I had in my stash.

Total time: I learned three different styles and completed them in less than 3 hours.

Final verdict: As one blogger warned, flowers are addictive. I am ready to just stick them on everything. Watch out little PJ! I may turn you into a little flower girl when your mommy isn't watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment