Monday, August 6, 2012

Pin 114

Original pin:
http://ashbyfamilyblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/ms-long-legs-pattern-tutorial.html#axzz1n1zpAvTl

Cute little tutorial for owls. I recently got my Pottery Barn Kids catalog in the mail and these reminded me of this tutorial I had pinned a while back.

Penny & Joy Owl Plush

Lucky me! I just so happen to know a soon-to-be born wee one who needs a little stuffed owl to decorate the nursery up. Inspired by these two, I decided to whip up a fat little owl of my own.

I didn't use a pattern, just looked at these cute little guys and created my own interpretation drawing from each. If you are looking for a pattern, the top link has a pdf you can download. I didn't have access to a printer (read as: I didn't feel like lugging my laptop across the house to plug it into the printer. Lazy much?) so I just created it as I went. (Dangerous--yet fun. I like to live on the edge.)

Once I had the eyes appliqued on I packed up the pieces and headed out to girls craft night to finish this owl off with a glass of wine and some mint milanos.



My little guy turned out boxier than PBK's and Toad's Treasures, but I sure thought he was cute. He made a great little pillow too! My son was really sad to see him whisked away and is hoping I will make him something to snuggle with next.

Total cost: Ahem. I don't usually comment on costs of gifts. Cheaper than PBK.

Total time: 2 hours

Final verdict: I love him. I hope little PJ loves him too. He will make a perfect little kid sized pillow too. I think he likes his new place. Owlie sent me this photo of him and P at the new house:



No comments:

Post a Comment