Friday, August 10, 2012

Pin 117

Original pin:
Pinned Image
http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/rcp/RecipePage.aspx?recipeid=71911&sc=11

A pinner before listed the ingredients as cool whip, fat free milk, and an oreo. The actual link uses frozen yogurt, milk, mint, and chocolate sandwich cookie.

I didn't have any oreos in the pantry today and was craving something sweet. I am also going to use this as an excuse to have some calcium in my diet. I present to you my rendition of this recipe, clocking in at under 200 calories per serving:

1/2 cup fat free cool whip
1/2 c milk
1/2 package of 100 calorie Right Bites Chips Deluxe

Tossed it all in the blender cup of my favorite immersion blender and whipped it together. Garnished with a few broken cookies. This was soooo good. Like milk and cookies. (Well, it is milk and cookies.) Yum, yum. I also drank it all by myself without the kids seeing because I was not planning on sharing.


Total cost: $0, everything already on hand.

Total time: 2 minutes

Final verdict: I will definitely be making this again. A woman has GOT to monitor her calcium intake and I clearly need more calcium--especially the kind that comes paired with chocolate. And I don't feel totally guilty about having a mid-afternoon milk shake. You could easily make this with whatever your favorite cookie is, or whatever you have in the pantry. There are so many varieties of the 100-calorie packs, it seems like your options here are endless.

1 comment: