Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Pin 69

Original pin:
Pinned Image
http://www.deepsouthdish.com/2012/04/fresh-hot-corn-on-cob-in-4-minutes-no.html

Fresh corn on the cob using the microwave to de-silk and de-husk.

This promised that a quick four minute trip through the microwave would have my corn sliding right out of the husk silk-free. Tonight I was making some delicious corn and butter bean fritters and had 7 ears of fresh corn from the farmer's market to cut off the cob. I don't mind the husking, it is just the silks that drive me to tears. Two ears in I remembered I had pinned this trick.

It worked like a charm. Four minutes was perfect--five was too long. I don't have much to say about it because it was so easy! Not one single silk was left. I was amazed!

Extreme close up! See!! No silks!

A plate of fresh butter bean and corn fritters. Yum!
Total cost: $2.79 for 7 ears of corn

Total time: 20 minutes (4 min per ear--I'm not THAT bad at math! Remember, I was two ears in before I started this trick.)

Final verdict: Very awesome trick. I will definitely be using this again. And again. And again.

No comments:

Post a Comment