Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Pin 89

Original pin:
Pinned Image
http://www.chef-in-training.com/2011/09/cafe-rio-chicken/

Cafe Rio Chicken. I'm not sure what/where Cafe Rio is, but the recipe looked tasty. And easy.

Which it was--both. This was a slow cooker recipe that was simple to mix up. It smelled delicious while it was cooking and required little prep work so it would be easy to through together on a busy morning.

I served it over salads with black beans and corn for the grown ups and just as it was for the kiddos. You could really put it on/in anything. I think I'm going to use it for sandwiches today for lunch.  My husband really, REALLY liked it. He was wary of the Italian dressing, but was able to overcome that after one bite.

I had just a little under two pounds of chicken so my chicken was a little saucier than the original picture.


Total cost: $10 for 8 large servings

Total time: Prep time 5 minutes, shred time 5 minutes, plus all day slow cooking.

Final verdict: 3 out of 4 of the family loved it. The one dissenter opted not to even try it, so there is a chance that his opinion could change. We will be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment