Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Pin 168

Original pin:
Image courtesy of Tana Photography
http://www.zankyou.us/p/how-to-elope-in-high-style

Nope, not me!! I have a friend who requested an elopement sign for her recent nuptials. She sent me this image she had pinned--so, technically, it is not my pin. . . . . . .  I was happy to oblige. She granted me creative license to interpret this as I wanted.

I started with a blank canvas. Hobby Lobby had them on sale a few weeks ago and I had picked up a 2-pack. I painted a light base color and then taped off what I wanted to be the inside of the frame.
This is totally official. I even pulled out the level for super straight lines.

I painted in the inner frame and removed the tape.
Next I painted some pretty edges to finish out the frame shape. Then added some randomly swirled whimsy to the frame.
Finally to add in all the important details:
All that is left is a bride and a groom! I delivered the canvas and my well wishes shortly before the anticipated date. I received these pictures earlier this week:
The happy couple!
 
 Love it!!

Total cost: Not saying. . . this was a gift.

Total time: Around two-three hours. I worked slowly on this to let it develop.

Final verdict: D loved it and I think it looks great in the pictures. What a fun way to share your good news with friends and family. Congratulations to the newlyweds and thanks for letting me be a part of your big day!


No comments:

Post a Comment