Saturday, May 4, 2013

Pin 202: Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Bars

Original pin:

http://dessert.food.com/recipe/chocolate-peanut-butter-and-marshmallows-287376

L picked out these delicious little bites a few weeks ago at a potluck and he picked well. These were so delicious we had to go back for seconds.  When the event was over I ran home and searched for the recipe. Luckily I found it quickly and I just had to make them this week for our mom's group.

These could not be easier. Even my "junk builder grade" microwave whipped these together fast. It actually took the exact time called for in the recipe to melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter together.  I didn't have quite the amount of chocolate chips called for but I did have semi-sweet baking chocolate. I used a combined amount of chips and squares to equal the weight called for.
I also did not have the called for size of pan so I improvised with my 9 inch round cake pan. Guess I wasn't too prepared for this one!
I whipped this together the night before and tossed it into the fridge to cool overnight. In the morning I pulled it out ready to cut. It was well hardened to the pan so I dipped the bottom of the pan in a sink of warm water to loosen them up a little bit. Next time I will line the pan with parchment paper sprayed with cooking spray for some easy release.

Because it was round, I cut it into nice little pie slices.

Due to my larger pan size, my chocolate was not layered up quite as thick as the one in the original pin's picture but they were still delicious! They are soft and creamy and oh, so yummy! I had this burst of inspiration after I tried the first slice and here I bestow the greatest gift on you: 

Grab something to write this down because you are going to want to remember this. 

Get close to the screen so you will be able to read this important information well. 

Ready??

Cut the bars into squares and put them on a graham cracker. Ahhhhh! (Chorus of angels singing!) Like a s'more with peanut butter!  Do it!

If you leave these out of the refrigerator they will start to soften a little. You can either re-chill them or just start eating them with a spoon. 

Total cost: $0   I had all these items in my pantry.

Total time: 2 minutes!! 

Final verdict: Delicious. This is one of the easiest, fastest recipes I have found on Pinterest yet. It is my new go-to recipe for work potluck nights. I will be squishing these between a couple of graham crackers though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment