Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Pin 198: Pretty Braided Bun

Original pin:

http://www.babble.com/home/25-more-totally-pretty-10-minute-hairstyles/#braided-bun

Last week I was having a surgical procedure on my neck. I needed to get all my hair up and out of the way to make everything go a little bit smoother. I turned to my beauty board for a little inspiration and found this braided bun tucked away amidst these 25 totally pretty hairstyles. I also appreciate that it promises to be complete in 10 minutes.

Here is the offender to be removed. It is just an ol' fatty tumor that has been hanging around for about 5 years, but it keeps growing and it bugs me. Time to see you off old friend.

The directions are simple and easy to follow. I particularly like this step:

I totally would have rocked this look as is about, oh, 23 or so years ago. 

But not today. Finished it up, lickety-split. It was easy and complete on my first attempt. 
 My hair doesn't have quite as much volume, so I needed to dress it up a bit. I pulled a crocheted flower from my yarn stash and pinned it in place to pretty things up a bit. After smoothing out the top and spraying in place I was ready to go.

Total cost: $0

Total time: 10 minutes--as promised!!

Final verdict: A nice, pretty way to get all my hair up. My surgeon was thankful for the effort as well! I will definitely use this again! And I am going to spare you the post-op pictures.

(And a note, as I was editing the photos to prepare for the post, my son walked in and said "Ooooh! Pretty girl. I love that pretty girl."

Since they are all of the back of my head, I replied with, "Do you know who that is?"

Son: "No. Who?"

Me: "That's your mommy!"

Son: "Oh mommy! I love you! Let me give you a hug."

Me: "Thanks darling. Now get your booty back in bed and GO TO SLEEP!!")



No comments:

Post a Comment